3/6/15

The Glitter Pile | Friday 3.6.15






  • The challenge:  Get through this list of videos without Happycrying.  I made it, up until the very last one.



  • I love the "Cooking in the Archives" blog!  They update, test and share recipes from the 1600-1800's, along with a fascinating helping (see what I did there?) of history.  Check out this recipe for really old -make that olde soupe.
Dos viejos comiendo sopa ~ Francisco Goya (source)



  • Have you ever wanted to hate someone but ended up loving them?  I've followed this amazing woman for ages now.  She's super talented, successful, beautiful (inside & out), has an adorable family with 6 kids including twins, Funny, kind, interesting, graceful, fashionable, blah-blah-blah blah-blah.  Whenever I feel like I don't have enough time to get things done I look at her living life like a boss and feel ashamed of myself!





  • It is official, I am going to return to my gray roots!  I'll be documenting the process and posting more about it in the future, but for now, I'm gathering lots of information and ideas (it's really NOT so simple!)  Check out my new Hair Board on Pinterest and let me know what you think.
(source
  Do you think she brought a picture to her stylist?



  • So, Daylight savings this weekend.  I grew up in Phoenix, so I still can't quite believe everyone just agrees to pretend that it's a different time and we all go along with it!  Weirdos.  Here's some cool facts to keep in mind if you end up in the science circle at tonight's cocktail party...
 

All I what to know is, is this is the good one or the bad one?  Where we get to sleep an "extra" hour or not?  How does that go?...righty tighty, lefty loosey...no wait, spring forward, fall back.  Yeah that's it.



  • Have you seen it?  Have you seen what this lion does to these people on safari?  What I can't get over is her presence of mind and COURAGE to reach over and shut the door!





  • So do you need need a good "courage kick in the butt"?  Ever since I decided to start blogging I've been gobbling up everything Marie Forleo produces, and here's an excellent post on how to find  the courage to do anything.  One of my bloggoals (I made that word up.  It's fun to say.  Try it).  Ahem...One of my bloggoals is to be successful enough to be able to go to one of her trainings by this time next year!





    • Or maybe as a creative you are struggling more with Uncertainty?  Read about how to deal with it here.



    • I enjoy nothing more that spending the day at Magic Mountain riding every roller coaster and screaming my voice out, it is the BEST therapy!  But the next best thing?  POV  rollercoaster videos on YouTube  ~ there are tons of them!  This one is the Fury 325, opening this spring at Carowinds.  It  stands 325 feet tall with an 81-degree initial drop and reaches breathtaking speeds of 95 miles per hour.  
    (source)

    Wheee!  Have a super fun weekend!  


    Stay Curious & always Fab,
    ~ Scharlyn



    No comments:

    Post a Comment